Tuesday, March 26, 2013

It's Sakura Season Again! PDX Style

Spring is here and with it comes one of the most significant times of the year: It's Sakura Season! After a long and colorless winter, the warmer weather is greeting us once again with the blossoming of cherry trees and the bright pink "sakura" petals. Today, I start off sakura coverage from my recent trip to Portland where the trees by the river were out in full force. I had no idea that Portland had cherry trees like this along the river, but I am very happy to have found out.






As for Seattle, the trees here are blooming but I am still waiting for the main event on the quad of the University of Washington. That is a sight to behold and last I checked (below), the cherry trees should blossom in the next week (3/26-3/31) and reach their height next week (4/1-4/8). I will keep you updated!
SOON.

No comments:

Post a Comment