Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Product Review: Clever Travel Companion Underwear with Hidden Pockets

About a month ago, I found out about a company called Clever Travel Companion. They offer a variety of "pick pocket proof" clothing that is geared towards the avid traveler. Pick pockets are usually one of the top fears for travelers and some of the other options out there, like the undershirt neck pouch, can be a bit of a hassle. This seems like it would be a good mix and I am all about supporting small companies when I can. The fact that the people running it are original from Sweden as far as I can tell also doesn't hurt...



Overview

I ended up with a pair of the men's and a pair of the women's for my girlfriend. The underwear features a button fly and two pockets on either side. The pockets are large enough to be useful (for example, they fit passports perfectly), but not too large as to get in the way of anything. The fabric feels pretty good and would be durable on a longer trip.

The Good Stuff & Around Town

To try them out, I loaded up the pockets and headed out on a trip to Victoria, BC via Kenmore Air. If they were going to end up being uncomfortable, a quick flight on a seaplane and walking around with a backpack would probably do the trick. After a half of walking around with the backpack and a full day of running around Victoria, I am happy to say that overall they remained comfortable without the zipper pulls poking anywhere or the pockets clumping awkwardly (as I had feared might happen). Retrieving items from a pocket was slightly tricky, but these are security pockets. In real life, you would excuse yourself to a restroom and then get what you need out of your, yes, pick pocket proof underwear pocket.

I also have it on good authority that the women's version is equally comfortable, although I don't have direct experience with that... The purple color is a nice and the pockets are the same size as the men's. 

The Feedback

The only complaint that I had was the fit was a little bit off. It wasn't enough to make them uncomfortable, but it does feel like they could be made to be a little more snug around the waist with a little extra tailoring. On the other hand, it is equally possible that sizing down one size may have addressed my issue.


Final Say

As I mentioned, my issue may be simply that I got the wrong size. If the waist band was a little tighter, it would have been a comfortable and functional for keeping important documents safe and sound. The thicker cotton is soft and remains comfortable throughout the day. Not bad! And it's just in time for the holiday season, if you're trying to find something to give the avid traveler in your life...

No comments:

Post a Comment