Friday, November 29, 2013

Let's Get Some Macarons in Victoria BC!

Victoria is a fairly small city, but it is always nice to see something nice. I came across the Bon Macaron on my last day there and had to give them a try. They are located right downtown at 1012 Broad St, Victoria BC V8W 2A1, if you are interested in dropping by.

 Macarons must be fairly new to the sweets scene in Victoria because as I walked in, they asked me if I had ever tried a macaron before. While I have chronically misspelled the word "macaron" in the past, I have tried them once or twice... ;)

This time around, I went for four sweet flavors: Stawberry, "Pearamel", and Dulce de Leche. All were good, but the "pearamel" stood out: strong flavors of ripe pear with a little caramel mixed in for a slightly salty addition. The pear flavor here reminds me of how pear flavored foods taste in Sweden. The other two were also excellent renditions of their classic flavors: The Dulce de Leche was a homage to the flavors I had while in South America and the strawberry was a lighter sweet version. Overall, very good.


No comments:

Post a Comment