Thursday, January 02, 2014

Touring while Local: The Seattle Tour Series

The Seattle that I see is usually quite different from what a visitor sees while staying in Seattle. As a local, I have a deep rooted knowledge of the area and it is usually only when a friend from out of town is visiting that I get the opportunity to experience a local tour. It's the paradox of being a local: When there is always the possibility of seeing one of the local attractions, then you tend to put it off until another day. As a result, sometimes visitors see things in your own city that you haven't seen or that you haven't done in awhile.



Of course, there are things that I do regularly here. I love the Pike Place Market. I visit at least once or twice a month and this year nearly all of my Christmas presents came from there. Riding the ferry to Bainbridge Island has an importance to me that goes beyond just the ride. Viewing the cherry trees in bloom on the quad is an annual tradition. These are all some of the things that make me love Seattle and living here. However, recently I have decided to take a look at some of our local tours and to see Seattle as others see it. So, for the next month or so, I will be touring while local.





We will take a look at Savor Seattle's Pike Place Market Tour, The Chocolate Box's Tour de Chocolate, and Argosy Cruise's Locks Tour (to start). Join me as we take a look around town through tours!

No comments:

Post a Comment