Monday, May 11, 2015

SOL Republic In-flight Testing

During my crazy month of April, I finally had the opportunity to try out my SOL Republic Bluetooth headphones on a plane. Naturally, performance here is going to be a big deal for me. The wireless features are great (as I first reported here), but planes offer a much different environment than around town.

So, how did they do?


Unfortunately, not that great. They did exactly what they were supposed to do (working both wirelessly and with the corded option perfectly), but the noise found in the Norwegian 787 was just too much for these otherwise good headphones. After being spoiled with active noise cancellation, I don't think I can ever fully go back. On the other hand, after being exposed to the freedom that comes with bluetooth wireless (again, first raved about here), I don't think that I can go back to a wired headset either.

While I'm still using these day to day, I am now going to have to find a pair that brings in the trifecta: Bluetooth, quality sound, and active noise cancellation. We'll see what I find!

No comments:

Post a Comment