Sunday, October 03, 2010

Who am I?

My name is Nicholas, also known as SeattleFlyerGuy, and this blog is a place for me to collect (and share) my thoughts on my travels, my obsession with airline miles, and my love for good food. On here you'll find photos from cities around the world, commentary on specific destinations, tips for how to get more out of your travels, and great local food.

Ever since I was a kid, I've always loved flying. Growing up, I was a regular on Alaska Airlines between Seattle and Burbank with my parents and it was always something that I looked forward to. One of my earliest memories of plane travel includes being invited up to the cockpit by the pilot and looking out over the nose of the plane on the clear sky (It was a different era, to say the least). I was hooked then and there. A few a years later, I would take my first transatlantic flight to Sweden and at the age of 11, I was travelling as an unaccompanied minor to Stockholm on SAS. I still have the wings that the flight attendant gave me on that flight.

More recently, I've been an active traveler with over 60,000 miles a year flown. Scandinavia is my specialty, but there have been a lot of firsts: Japan, China, Russia, the Middle East, and the Caribbean among many other places. Travel is one of those things that once you start, you never want to stop. Seeing the diversity of ways that people have learned to live in their corner of the world and all of the cultures that have grown from their heritage keeps me coming back. Travel gives you the chance to see different ideas for how to live life first hand and to see what you want to bring back to your corner of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment