Friday, September 06, 2013

Santa Barbara!



Recently, I was down in Santa Barbara for a few days on business and while I didn't get into the city very much (it's very nice. I've been here before), I did make it a point to try out one the local ice creamery. McConnell's Ice Cream has been around Santa Barbara since 1950, but it looks like the brand has new owners and these owners have a sense about what the current sugar boom is all about. The ice cream joint on State street right downtown has all the feel of the current trendy sugar fix shop. And the ice cream itself is pretty dang good.



I eventually settled on a split scoop of churros con leche and an off menu chocolate toffee flavor. In Seattle, we don't have very many churros available, so get those flavors in ice cream format sounded like a good idea. Overall, it was an excellent combination between the two and the ice cream here was especially rich and creamy.




No comments:

Post a Comment